Class of 2024 Orientation Updates
Dear Campus Partners,
Yesterday, confirmed students of the Class of 2024 received their welcome email from the Office of Student Engagement, which included links to the First-Year Student Guide and online First-Year Student Checklist. Students have already begun completing actions items on their checklists and are excited to become active members of the Fairfield University community!
With the health and safety of our students and campus community in mind, the University has to decided to shift to a virtual orientation experience for the Class of 2024. The orientation experience will include:
- Special virtual events for students and their families throughout the summer
- Ongoing engagement via Zoom
- An enhanced Fall Welcome program in August
We have a committed team developing plans to ensure that this experience will still allow for:
- Community development among first-year students
- Meaningful interactions with faculty, staff, and peer mentors
- Information sharing about campus resources and curricular and co-curricular opportunities
- Support to gain a head start on a successful, enjoyable college experience, making the transition to campus in August much easier
We will keep you posted as these plans take shape and will be in touch soon to ask for your support in making these virtual engagement opportunities go from just ideas to meaningful realities.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have and/or refer any questions from students and parents/guardians to firstname.lastname@example.org. The most up-to-date information regarding orientation is available at fairfield.edu/orientation.
My deepest appreciation to Kim Droniak and Bruce Bastien for the endless hours spent on updating and testing the checklist system.
Additionally, my sincerest thanks to Sara Colabella for coordinating all of our never-ending marketing projects, including the First-Year Student Guide’s multiple revisions and the Orientation website’s new look.
Thank you in advance for your time and efforts as we begin the process of orienting our students and families to Fairfield University.
Associate Director, Transition and Retention
Office of Student Engagement
Related Web Site : https://www.fairfield.edu/orientation
For more information, contact Marissa Lischinsky / x2340 / email@example.com