Resources for Navigating Election Week in the Classroom
We anticipate that next week could be a challenging teaching week, given the upcoming election and its aftermath. We wanted to share a few timely resource from the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD), which the University has recently joined. (Instructions for claiming your membership appear below.)
Please consider viewing the following NCFDD webinars:
- NCFDD Guest Webinar: Empowered Teaching Toolkit: Beginning to Prepare for "Difficult" or "Controversial" Conversations
- NCFDD Guest Webinar: Empowered Teaching Toolkit: Beginning to Strategize for Classroom Incivility
In addition to these NCFDD resources, consult this site with several resources and links to centers with info for navigating difficult conversations surrounding the election:
To claim your free Institutional Membership for the NCFDD, complete the following steps:
- Go to http://www.facultydiversity.org/join.
- Choose your institution from the drop-down menu.
- Select Activate my Membership.
- Complete the registration form using your institutional email address (i.e. @fairfield.edu).
- Go to your institutional email to find a confirmation/welcome email. Click Activate Accountin the email.
- If you have any technical questions, please email NCFDD at Membership@FacultyDiversity.org.
For any questions about NCFDD membership, please contact Prof. Jocelyn M. Boryczka, Associate Vice Provost for Scholarly, Creative, and Community Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org. Prof. Rachelle Brunn-Bevel, Faculty Chair for Inclusive Excellence, Prof. Stephanie Storms, Associate Dean of GSEAP, and Prof. Laurie Grupp, Dean of GSEAP, serve as additional contacts for NCFDD.
In addition, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com for assistance at any time.
Carol Ann Davis
Directors, The Center for Academic Excellence
For more information, contact Jay Rozgonyi / 2416 / firstname.lastname@example.org