Windows Security Updates Change
Computer security updates, also referred to as patches, are important to protect the availability of your data and the security of the University network. It is important that we install security updates and restart your computer as soon as possible after they are released and tested. Information Technology Services is changing the method used to deliver security updates to University owned Windows computers.
- Monthly Windows updates will attempt to install on the 3rd Tuesday of every month beginning at 12 AM.
- After updates install, you will have 24 hours before your computer restarts.
- Occasionally, there is an emergency "out of band" update outside of the regular schedule.
- 3rd party applications such as Adobe Reader, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc. will be installed soon after the software vendor releases them.
- Always save documents to your Dropbox folder and close all of your programs at the end of every day.
Dropbox ITS Wiki page: https://wiki.fairfield.edu/display/ITSKB/Dropbox+How-To+Articles
- Restart your computer as soon as possible. Users will be able to defer the restart for no more than 24 hours.
Example of restart message
For more information, contact IT Security / 4054 / ITSecurity@fairfield.edu