Encourage Students to Apply for the 2019 Library Research Prize. 4/12 deadline
Please encourage students to apply for the 2019 Library Research Prize. Deadline: April 12.
The Library Research Prize recognizes exemplary scholarship through effective research strategies and demonstrated use of the library’s resources, services, and staff.
There are two $1,000 prizes, one for undergraduate students and one for graduate students. They are awarded annually at the conclusion of the Spring semester.
Research projects should demonstrate:
- Sophistication, originality and/or unusual depth or breadth in the use of library collections, including, but not limited to, print sources, databases, primary resources, and materials in all formats.
- Exceptional ability to locate, select, evaluate, and effectively use library resources in the creation of a project in any format that shows originality and/or has the potential to lead to original research in the future.
- Evidence of significant personal learning in the methods of research and the information gathering process, and the development of a habit of research and inquiry that shows the likelihood of persisting in the future.
Individual or Team Applicants must:
- Be Fairfield University undergraduate or graduate students.
- Complete a research project for a credit course at Fairfield University during Summer 2018, Fall 2018, or Spring 2019 semester. A draft version of the project is acceptable if final version is not completed by application deadline.
- For team projects, all members must contribute towards the project. If a team project wins, award will be split equally among members.
- Agree to contribute research projects and essay to a display about their research mounted by library staff for public exhibition (in library and online). Winners will be contacted for permission to add their submission to DigitalCommons@Fairfield.
*Cannot be work done as a formal collaboration with a faculty member or other non-student researcher, or be research commissioned by an organization or business.
The winners will be notified on 4/25 and honored at the LRP Awards Ceremony & Reception on Wed. 5/1 at 3:00 pm in the Library, multimedia room 101. All are welcome to attend. For more information on the application process and selection criteria please visit fairfield.edu/libprize
Thank you to Fairfield University's Charles F. Dolan School of Business, College of Arts & Sciences, Graduate School of Education & Allied Professions, Marion Peckham Egan School of Nursing & Health Studies, and the School of Engineering for their financial support of the prizes, in addition to the Library's financial commitment.
Related Web Site : https://www.fairfield.edu/library/about/researchprize/
For more information, contact Lisa Thornell / 2138 / email@example.com