Suicide Prevention Training - Question, Persuade, & Refer
Time: 10:00 AM
Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR) is an evidence-based training available to the Fairfield University community that is designed to equip people with skills to talk comfortably about suicide. QPR is a public health initiative that has been shown to reduce deaths by suicide in communities where it is widely distributed.
QPR training consists of a combination of lecture, video, discussion, and experiential learning (i.e., role play). Training attendees can expect to learn about:
- The prevalence of suicide on a national, state, and college community level
- Myths surrounding suicide
- Warning signs that often precede a suicide attempt or death by suicide
- How to ask if someone is suicidal
- How to persuade someone to accept help
- How to refer someone who may be suicidal to local support resources
This training is free and open to all interested students, staff, or faculty who would like to attend. The next QPR training is scheduled for Thursday, 3/17/22 from 10am-12pm on Zoom.
Space is limited – please email Mark Celano, PhD at email@example.com if you would like to reserve a spot.
For more information, contact Mark Celano / 203-254-4000 x2146 / firstname.lastname@example.org