Apply to Be a Community Associate for FYE!
The Office of Student Engagement is officially launching the selection process for the Community Associate (CA) position for the First Year Experience Program for the 2022-2023 academic year. We are seeking faculty and staff dedicated to the success of our first-year and transfer students.
CAs are responsible for conveying information about Fairfield University’s Jesuit values and institutional mission, as well as its unique culture, traditions, and community. CAs assist first-year and transfer students in meeting their educational, interpersonal, spiritual, and social needs relative to their first year at Fairfield University.
- Develop mentoring relationship with New Student Leader(s), who co-facilitate the FYE seminar during the Fall semester
- Co-facilitate one or two FYE sections that meet for 75-minutes each week per section (approx. 25-50 students total) during the Fall semester
- Meet with each student individually outside of the seminar at least once a semester and more frequently if necessary
- Refer students to appropriate campus partners and share student concerns with the Office of Student Engagement and First-Year Retention Subcommittee
- Serve on one CA committee. These committees are expected to organize and implement 1-2 events/initiatives for the first-year class during the Spring 2022 semester.
- CAs will receive a $1,250 stipend (per FYE seminar section) for serving a full academic year. In the event that a CA does not serve the full year for any reason, the stipend will be pro-rated.
- CAs will not teach FYE seminars in the Spring semester, with the exception of Transfer CAs. Transfer CAs may be asked to teach one FYE section in the Fall and one FYE section in the Spring semester.
For more information about the position, including a detailed job description and the application, please visit: https://fairfield.campuslabs.com/engage/submitter/form/start/539852
The deadline to submit an application is Friday, May 20, 2022.
Please do not hesitate to contact Marissa Lischinsky at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Related Web Site : https://fairfield.campuslabs.com/engage/submitter/form/start/539852
For more information, contact Marissa Lischinsky / x2340 / email@example.com