Announcing the Quick Center's 2022-23 Season
It’s finally here! The Quick’s 2022-23 season is live and we look forward to welcoming you back into the theatre.
A few highlights:
- Powerful opera premieres at the Quick with nora chipaumire's NEHANDA
- Site specific theatre from acclaimed South African theatre-maker, Brett Bailey, will highlight the talents of 10 local professional artists
- Jazz giants including the Preservation Hall Jazz Band and Monterey Jazz Festival on Tour starring vocalists Dee Dee Bridgewater and Kurt Elling, saxophonist Lakecia Benjamin, pianist (and Connecticut's own) Christian Sands, bassist Yasushi Nakamura, and drummer Clarence Penn
- New work will be created as part of our Global Theatre Performance Series curated by Broadway and off-Broadway producer, Cheryl Wiesenfeld
- Montreal's Cirque Alfonse returns with a production for all ages
- Israel's Vertigo Dance shares a new work that honors the communal experience
- Latin Grammy-nominated Mariachi Herencia de Mexico and Lupita Infante celebrate the vibrant traditions of Mexican music
- The Kingdom Choir crosses the pond for an evening of warm and infectious gospel music after their most show-stopping performance at the royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
- And so much more!
The acclaimed Open VISIONS Forum returns with thought-provoking speakers such as Frances Haugen, who will discuss ethics and the challenges of social media. Evelyn Tribole will speak about intuitive eating and its many benefits. Carl Bernstein will share his experiences as a journalist, from Watergate to Washington 2024. Bret Stephens and Nick Gillespie and Bhaskar Sunkara will join us for the Common Ground Series presented by the College of Arts & Sciences. Reverend Nontombi Naomi Tutu will present the Bennett Center for Judaic Studies’ Jacoby-Lunin Humanitarian Lecture. Lastly, Judy Woodruff will headline the Bank of America Women and Leadership Series.
Mark your calendar for on-sale dates.
Quick Member sales begin for Performances, Open VISIONS Forum, and NT Live
Monday, July 18
Quick Member sales begin for The Met: Live in HD
Faculty and Staff sales begin for Performances, Open VISIONS Forum, and NT Live
Monday, August 1
Faculty and Staff sales begin for The Met: Live in HD
Related Web Site : https://quickcenter.fairfield.edu/index.html
For more information, contact Quick Center Box Office / 203-254-4010 / firstname.lastname@example.org