Higher Ed EAP: Advice for Happy Holiday Dynamics
- Keep realistic expectations. Things won’t always go according to plan. Embrace imperfection. Relax.
- Put down the devices and turn off the electronics. Make a “no-electronics” rule at special meals and gatherings.
- Keep a sense of humor. Laughter, humor, and a positive attitude are contagious.
- Be a giver, not a taker. Listen more than you talk. Give more than you get. Kindness and generosity build happiness and reduce stress.
- Be flexible. Traditions change as families expand. Roll with the changes and remember that it’s about people and sharing, not rituals.
- Avoid touchy topics. Steer clear of topics that lead to arguments. If you can’t do that, then practice tolerance. Give people the benefit of the doubt.
- Forgive and forget. The holidays are the perfect time to free yourself from the burden of old grudges. Forgiveness is liberating and a gift to both the forgiver and the forgiven.
- For immediate assistance, dial 1-800-252-4555 to speak directly with a professional counselor 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Register and log onto www.HigherEdEAP.com
- Download, register, and log onto the ESI Employee Assistance mobile app available in the App Store or the Google Play Store.
Related Web Site : https://www.theeap.com/higher-education-eap
For more information, contact Blythe Josovitz / x.2995 / email@example.com