Call for Proposals: AJCU Faith, Justice, and Reconciliation Assembly
The Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities (AJCU) is now accepting proposals for the AJCU Faith, Justice, and Reconciliation Assembly, July 16-19, 2024 at Loyola University Chicago. The Assembly is an outgrowth of the Commitment to Justice in Jesuit Higher Education Conference, which first took place at Santa Clara University in 2000 and has since reconvened every 3-4 years. The purpose of these gatherings has been to provide local, regional and national perspectives of faith, justice, and reconciliation in a way that fosters intentional collaboration across the AJCU network.
The theme for the Assembly, Creation of a Hope-Filled Future, draws from the four Universal Apostolic Preferences of the Society of Jesus:
- Showing the way to God through the Spiritual Exercises and Discernment.
- Walking with the Excluded: Walk with the poor, the outcasts of the world, those whose dignity has been violated, in a mission of reconciliation and justice.
- Journeying with Youth: Accompany young people in the creation of a hope-filled future.
- Caring for our Common Home: Collaborate, with Gospel depth, for the protection and renewal of God’s Creation.
The Assembly review committee is now accepting proposals for Posters, Roundtables, Workshops, and Lightning Rounds that:
- Meaningfully engage the connections between Faith, Justice, and/or Reconciliation;
- Balance conceptual and theoretical frameworks with concrete, pragmatic examples, preferably from more than one program or institution;
- Foster discovery and address critical challenges through idea-sharing, community-building and reflection;
- Encourage discussion and engage participants interactively, rather than only through the presentation of material.
- November 1, 2023: Call for Proposals (CFP) submission deadline
- January 15, 2024: CFP Decision date and notification by email
- July 16-19, 2024: AJCU Faith, Justice and Reconciliation Assembly, Loyola University Chicago
- Full Call for Proposals: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/44bk719xh3negt0lyrtuq/CFP-2024-Faith-Justice-Reconciliation-Assembly.docx?rlkey=jcewykoqgciqjo1exbb10oeu5&dl=0
- Proposal Application: https://ignatiancolleagues.wufoo.com/forms/mjw40n91mff4kp/
- Assembly 2024 website: https://ajcunet.edu//networks/ajcu-assembly-2024/
- Questions about the proposal or the Assembly can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources for travel and participation will be available through the Vice President for Mission and Ministry, Center for Catholic Studies, and Center for Social Impact to support faculty and staff whose proposals are accepted. If you plan to submit a proposal, please contact Nancy Dallavalle, Director of the Center for Catholic Studies (email@example.com) or Melissa Quan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Related Web Site : https://ajcunet.edu//networks/ajcu-assembly-2024/
For more information, contact Melissa Quan / 12035201055 / email@example.com